You are here

General questions.

Making it easy to drive away in your dream car or motorcycle.

Below you will find a selection of frequently asked questions and answers. If you can’t find the information you need, please contact us. 

How can I find out how much of my finance has been paid off?

To find out the details of your payment history and future payment requirements, please contact ALPHERA Financial Services on 0370 5050 125. You will need your finance agreement number or vehicle registration to hand.

Can I take my vehicle abroad?

Subject to your motor insurer’s terms and conditions, you can take your vehicle to any country in the EU for a continuous stay of up to 30 days. You cannot exceed 60 days abroad in any calendar year. If you plan to travel abroad, please contact the customer services team on 0370 5050 125. You must also inform your insurer.

I have a problem with the vehicle, what do I do next?

In the first instance, please address any concerns with your vehicle to the dealer or broker who arranged the finance.   

How can I check whether the vehicle I am thinking of buying has outstanding finance?

You can speak with your local Alphera Partner who will be able to check this for you. Or, you can look directly with HPI at

Road Tax
Do I still need a tax disc for my vehicle?
From 1 October 2014 the paper tax disc will no longer be issued and thereby removing the legal requirement to display a valid tax disc.  Registered keepers of vehicles will however still be required to purchase Vehicle Excise Duty (VED).

How do I check my vehicle has valid road tax? 
You are able to check this in real-time by entering the vehicle registration number on HM Government’s check vehicle tax website:

Are there any other changes that may affect me?
The DVLA is making two other changes to legislation.  Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) will no longer be transferable and any un-used tax will be refunded automatically when the DVLA is notified that a vehicle has been sold, disposed of into trade or SORN’d.


Hero Image: